Monday, August 27, 2007

unhealthy comparisons

i get amazed sometimes when others compare themselves to other people. god says we are fearfully and wonderfully made. we are made in the image of god. i truly never understood this, i remember one day in church and commenting on one of the other ladies figures, to the lady of course,, i couldnt deny she has the best figure in there, you go girl, and one of the other ladies saying, are you jealous and i thought no, and the reason why is cause having a great figure takes some work and i wasnt willing to pay that price so why would i be jealous, its my own fault. i would say i fall in the other end of that spectrum of not thinking much of myself which must sometimes make god mad. its not that i dont thank god for the way he made me because i do i just know i couldve worked it alot better. but this keeps me very humble in definetely knowing ''apart from him i can do nothing' but i also believe IN HIM watch out.at least this way all glory goes to god, because susan just cant cut it on her own. and in the scheme of things thats ok with me. i need to toughen up though and god has allowed me to walk thru things that might have wiped me out years ago, but i still do get taken back when i get the discernment someone doesnt truly like me. i remember a few years back a man of god said some really harsh things to me and i just agonized over that i remember saying god they dont like me, and i remember hearing clearly in my spirit, susan, they didnt like me either. i guess i cant expect to not go thru some of the things my saviour had to face. and of course the enemy isnt pleased with me sometimes and he will use people you care about to try and hurt you. i still get taken back for a few moments, but then i remember the battle is not mine it is the lords and i totally trust him. all of us have a calling and we dont even have the choice of what it is and sometimes the calling comes with alot of pain, the annointing definetely costs you something, sometimes it cost you everything. we cant say to the potter what have you made? i tried it doesnt work. it seems like everytime i say i wouldnt want to be used in that way, i hear and thats why you will to god be all the glory.

No comments: