Thursday, September 13, 2007

baptism in the holy spirit

well, i was sleeping, woke up with the tv on to a preacher speaking on baptism in the holy spirit, with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues...and these signs shall follow. it made me ponder how vital praying in the spirit really was.and how all the times god has really moved he has led me to a time of praying in the spirit. i was thinking of lisa who by the way, praise god is much better, we have been praying for months for her for baptism in the holy spirit and she keeps saying ''squuz am i ever going to get it. and i say of course you are.but this pastor tonite said you have to believe you received it. then i knew revelation hit me.and god now had my attention. i was reminded of when i recieved baptism of the holy spirit, although i do remember years before one time the holy spirit hitting me like fire and speaking in tongues and not understanding it at all. it just came on me and out it came and the girl that was with me was scared. anyways i had called the 700 club for prayer, back as a new christian i did that alot and the woman on the other line said have you received baptism in the holy spirit and i said no, and she said would you like to and i said yes, she led me in the prayer asking god to fill me and to receive this gift, and i remember her saying now open your mouth and roll your tongue over the roof of your mouth, and let it flow, i remember doing this and hearing something that sounded rather silly.she said ok now practice that as you pray, and i thought ok, lady. well later when i was in the shower i did remember what she said and started to believe i receive, and do as she said and all of a sudden it hit me like fire and i couldnt catch my breath it just started flowing and i was amazed. must of stayed in their half hour that day praying in the spirit. well anyways i knew god wanted me to blog, why i dont know but i did need to remember this for lisa, i thought of someone i know asking me what the advantage was to praying in the spirit , and i said i thought it was like fine tuning, like back in the day when we needed those fuuny looking antennaes and when you pulled out the ends the reception was so much clearer, i feel thats what speaking in tongues does with me, im more in tune to what god is saying, and the ability to hear him is clearer.my antenaes are up.. well maybe tahts for someone, i know its for lisa. going to bed as i get uo at 4,30. praise god

No comments: